Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Anthony Ponce's Effective Literacy Website # 1 EPIC BOOKS

 


    I have researched various effective literacy websites, I had a few in mind and it was a hard choice to choose between two that I have utilized in my class. I decided to review the literacy website I think many teachers use and that is EPIC BOOKS! 
https://www.getepic.com/students

    EPIC BOOKS is a free online literacy website which has many online book titles for students of different ages, grades and even reading levels. My experience with using this literacy website has been great, as I was able to share not only with my students, but to parents and colleagues. As part of me being a member of our school tech committee, I presented EPIC BOOKS during various PTO Meetings, and generally many stakeholders find it both effective and fun. This website has always had great reviews. The only takeaway I have is throughout my use as a teacher, I have only used the “free” version, I believe there is a premium version which may allow access to even more online books and other features. If the students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders find a website to be great, then I think we can all agree that it's a great literacy building website.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciera’s Farewell

Just like that fall intersession is over and spring semester is approaching. I had a great time reading through everyone’s literacy reviews....