Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Anthony Ponce's Effective Literacy Website # 3 IXL

    



    The third website I will be exploring and sharing is IXL. IXL learning https://www.ixl.com/signin/guamdoe is a personalized learning tool which focuses on a comprehensive kinder to 12th grade curriculum. It provides individualized guidance and gives teachers real-time analytics which is geared towards meeting the unique needs of each learner. It not only provides reading materials, but other subjects as well.  I have used IXL in my classroom since the department has subscribed to this online platform. Something to take away from using IXL in your classroom is it is very easy to navigate for students, all the student will need is thier username and password. As a teacher using IXL in the classroom, I am able to progress monitor my students, generate additional data and even facilitate a real time/ live learning experience through a feature called, “live jam.” Another neat feature is the students will receive certificates on their various achievements every time they learn a skill, complete a standard or successfully answer a set of questions. 

    I will be working on the newsletter write up for this website and will be uploading it on our course blog. I hope to be able to share how I am using this website so that others may benefit from it. At the same time, I hope to learn from others when they are able to view what I have shared on the blog about IXL learning. It is a great literacy website that would be an effective tool for the development of reading. Below is a snapshot of the dashboard when you log in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciera’s Farewell

Just like that fall intersession is over and spring semester is approaching. I had a great time reading through everyone’s literacy reviews....