Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Anthony Ponce's Internet Tools Review: Google Translate

 I am interested in exploring Google Translate. I do use this internet tool not just in part of my professional work but of personal interest as well. It is interesting to me to see how many languages we have in the world. I really enjoy learning some simple greetings from different languages, and Google translate allows me to explore some of those languages. I think it's a technology tool that helps to bridge language gaps and my hope is it helps us to understand and communicate with people of different backgrounds. In addition, it is easy to use, just type in what the words you want translate, where it be just a word, greeting, or phrases. Although it does not translate every language, it does translate quite a few including Tagalog, Spanish and other unique languages around the world. The other feature is it has the sound on how to pronounce the word or phrase, which I think is so neat. In the past, I have used this tool as part of our United Nations project for my class. My students were able to translate words like “hello” or “friend” in French, which they found interesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciera’s Farewell

Just like that fall intersession is over and spring semester is approaching. I had a great time reading through everyone’s literacy reviews....